Mr. Strange Goes To Washington ...

Updates on your favorite former Tulane players & coaches & discuss their careers.
sr
Regent's Circle

Mr. Strange Goes To Washington ...

Post by sr »

Picked up that the Alabama Governor is going to appoint Luther Strange to fill Sessions' Senate Set for the remainder of his term. Congrats to the Big Guy!

Should be an interesting story as AG Strange is currently investigating the AL Gov.
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Re: Mr. Strange Goes To Washington ...

Post by AO Sig »

The governor was my brother-in-law's partner in his dermatology practice in Tuscaloosa. He is rather tight-lipped about the goings-on of his former partner...
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

Meet Luther Strange, the man replacing Jeff Sessions in the Senate

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... bbcab6fcc2

He's tall.

Like, really tall. A former Tulane basketball player, 6-foot-9 Strange is known around Alabama as “Big Luther,” a nickname he embraced in political ads.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

GreenieBacker wrote:Meet Luther Strange, the man replacing Jeff Sessions in the Senate

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... bbcab6fcc2

He's tall.

Like, really tall. A former Tulane basketball player, 6-foot-9 Strange is known around Alabama as “Big Luther,” a nickname he embraced in political ads.
Maybe 'Big Luther' in Alabama, but Big Bunny at Tulane ... 8)
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

He ain't so tall. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
(I really need to dig out that photo I have of the two of us together....)
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

PeteRasche wrote:He ain't so tall. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
When he played, he was listed as being 6'10" or 6'11". We all compress over time.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

sr wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:He ain't so tall. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
When he played, he was listed as being 6'10" or 6'11". We all compress over time.
I know. Same affliction happening here. :mrgreen:
Cheerleader
Coach Level

Post by Cheerleader »

I have known Luther well for over 25 years. He is a great guy and a superb example of a Tulane quality student athlete education. Congrats Luther!
wave-em in
President's Circle

Post by wave-em in »

sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

Was listening to Sessions' testimony on the radio and one question to the AG was if he was building a congressional basketball team with Luther Strange's appointment. Sessions replayed that Luther did have a good college career at Tulane ... or something like that. So Tulane again makes it into the Congressional Record.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

sr wrote:Was listening to Sessions' testimony on the radio and one question to the AG was if he was building a congressional basketball team with Luther Strange's appointment. Sessions replayed that Luther did have a good college career at Tulane ... or something like that. So Tulane again makes it into the Congressional Record.
LA congressman Cedric Richmond is a Tulane Law grad (graduated one year behind me) and a heckuva basketball player, I had him on the law school intramural team I formed with Matt Popp and Carter Nichols. I believe he played baseball in undergrad and I've seen photos of him pitching in the Congressional baseball game in the past (first thing I did when this morning's news hit was to try to find out whether Cedric was out there on the field at the time).
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Post by GretnaGrn »

PeteRasche wrote:
sr wrote:Was listening to Sessions' testimony on the radio and one question to the AG was if he was building a congressional basketball team with Luther Strange's appointment. Sessions replayed that Luther did have a good college career at Tulane ... or something like that. So Tulane again makes it into the Congressional Record.
LA congressman Cedric Richmond is a Tulane Law grad (graduated one year behind me) and a heckuva basketball player, I had him on the law school intramural team I formed with Matt Popp and Carter Nichols. I believe he played baseball in undergrad and I've seen photos of him pitching in the Congressional baseball game in the past (first thing I did when this morning's news hit was to try to find out whether Cedric was out there on the field at the time).
He played collegiately at Morehouse, if memory serves, as a pitcher.
austxwave
Navigator Level

Post by austxwave »

PeteRasche wrote:
Cedric is a democrat. The shooting was at the republican baseball practice.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

austxwave wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
Cedric is a democrat. The shooting was at the republican baseball practice.
I know that now but the initial reports were just "a shooting at the congressional baseball practice", no mention of details.