Peyton Henson and others

Updates on your favorite former Tulane players & coaches & discuss their careers.
waverider
Cornerstone

Re: Peyton Henson and others

Unread post by waverider »

Ed Conroy's motto: play for me and you will be in the NCAA tourney in two years!

I was talking with someone the other day about this. We may have made a run if Dunleavy had only the players that transferred under Conroy :?
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Unread post by GreenieBacker »

we would have had quality depth for sure. And this current Staff would have helped make them into better players............
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by windywave »

waverider wrote:
I was talking with someone the other day about this. We may have made a run if Dunleavy had only the players that transferred under Conroy :?
made me laugh
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

windywave wrote:
waverider wrote:
made me laugh
If only to keep from crying! A run at what though? Would we be better than SMU or Cincinnati? I doubt it. Even the NIT would be nice for the men I suppose
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
visualmagic
President's Circle

Unread post by visualmagic »

gerryb323 wrote:
windywave wrote:
waverider wrote:
made me laugh
If only to keep from crying! A run at what though? Would we be better than SMU or Cincinnati? I doubt it. Even the NIT would be nice for the men I suppose

I'd kill for the men to make an NIT
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Unread post by GreenieBacker »

there was a discussion this morning about the NIT on Dan Patrick's show and its worth. The consensus was that it depended on the kind of team that you had. For a team like ours making the NIT would have been HUGE.

Alas, we did not.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Baywave1 »

Vermont is one point down to Purdue at half and Peyton has 11. Who knows?
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Baywave1 wrote:Vermont is one point down to Purdue at half and Peyton has 11. Who knows?
Final: Ended with 13 points and Purdue had to work hard but won by 10. FWIW Vermont's offense in the second half reminded me of Conroy's (29 seconds of perimeter passing and then either a panic drive or three shot.) Defense did too. Purdue just kept attacking the rim with success. Vermont including Henson did not have the meat underneath to stop them.

As others have noted, this year's Wave would have amped its competitiveness with Stark, Henson, Osetkowski and even the FGSU starter coming off the bench. Who knows?
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

True Bay, but I wonder if any of those would have met MD standards as far as whether he'd be playing them a year from now (if they'd still had eligibility).
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Pete, You are absolutely correct. Let's just say it was a long season so of course it's perfect now to play woulda coulda shoulda.

I really don't know anything about the FGSU guy because he didn't play much at Tulane.

I agree none of these guys would have probably met MD's defensive standards. Henson and Stark are physically too slight and Osetkowski is too slow. However all of them are shooters and would have met MD's offensive standards there. Maybe Tulane would have played NBA All Star game tactics and won 150-140? Move over Loyola Marymount!

Anyway if MD can recruit two more Jordan Cornish types in the spring period and Reynolds stays, I think 2018 could be interesting year. Maybe a little better than Clark's second year? Just wishin' and hopin'